Skip to FAQ’s | Testimonials | Tuition | Financial Aid
For the 2021-2022 school year the Open Houses will be virtual. Please contact the CCBC Office to sign up for an Open House. The Open Houses dates for the 2021-2022 school year will be:
Friday, November 5th at 10am
Thursday, December 2nd at 10am
Friday, January 7th at 10am
Thursday, February 3rd at 10am
Friday, February 4th at 10am
*We will have a parent-only Visit Day for Accepted Families on February 23rd at 10:00am
Applications are accepted beginning in October with a deadline of February 11, 2022. Applications received after the deadline will be added to our wait list. We will look to our wait list to fill spaces when they become available.
Pre-registration for the following year for children currently in school and their siblings occurs in January. Notices of acceptance are mailed in mid-February and enrollment agreements are due March 4, 2022.
Progression through the school is at the discretion of the director.
For current school year availability, please email or call the CCBC Office at email@example.com or 202-966-3299.
How many children attend CCBC?
- 135 total but our daily enrollment is 115 as our youngest children attend either two or three mornings per week
How many teachers in each class?
- Two caring and experienced teachers in each class and an aide for part of the day
How long is the school day?
- The Morning Program runs from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm. Children eat their snack and lunch in their classroom.
This will be my child’s first experience at school. What do you do to help with this transition?
- We have home visits where teachers visit your home to meet children before school starts
- We have small group visits where the parent and child visit the school for one hour before school starts
- We have a shorter school day for the youngest children for the first week
- Our teachers are experienced in working with families going through the process of separation
- We also offer “Tea and Tissues” for new parents to meet after drop off the first week of school while current parents check on children and communicate back to new parents
Do kids spend time outside?
- Yes, CCBC has two outdoor play areas. Weather permitting, children will play for up to an hour between the two spaces. Between the Courtyard and the Playground, the children are able to play on scooters, trikes, plasma cars, and big wheels. Children can play in the sandbox, hide in the tunnel, climb up the rope wall and go down the slide, and run around.
When are applications due and when are open houses?
- New student applications are due February 11, 2022
- Open Houses start in November. The dates are:
Friday, November 5th, 2021
Thursday, December 2nd, 2021
Friday, January 7th, 2022
Thursday, February 3rd, 2022
Friday, February 4th, 2022
How much is tuition and when is it due? Do you offer financial assistance?
- Tuition is due in four installments—due July 1st, October 1st, January 15th and March 15th. Monthly installments are available upon request. Tuition is set at the January board meeting for the following year. We offer financial assistance every year and look forward to being able to offer assistance to families in need. Read more here.
New Student Applications
- New student applications are due February 11, 2022. Applications received after February will be added to our wait list. We will look to our wait list to fill spaces when they become available.
Happy Kids, Happy Parents!
I am a CCBC alumnus and I have also sent my three children through the school (one is still there.) I have been thrilled with our family’s experience at CCBC. The school has managed to keep the play based values I remember from my time there while still managing to evolve and grow with the times. My kids love the Spanish immersion afternoon option and the two indoor play spaces are a gift with our DC weather. —Samantha Burman
CCBC truly welcomes parent involvement. As parents, we found myriad ways to be involved in our son’s class as well as in the larger CCBC community. For my children, one of my favorite parts of CCBC is hearing my sons sing and dance to the music they have learned both in their beloved preschool classrooms and through CCBC’s incredible music program. —Tanya Correa
CCBC has provided a wonderful launching pad for our children’s lifelong learning. The teachers and staff at CCBC have created an environment of play-based learning that has taught our children to love going to school because they see it as a fun, interesting, and supportive place. Our children have become confident and curious, instilled with an excitement to learn and try new things.—Bridget K. O’Connor
My wife and I are extremely grateful for the way CCBC accommodated for our 2 yr old son, Daniel, who struggled with delayed speech. CCBC brought in outside professional help to assess Daniel’s development, and they offered practical ways for his teachers and us, the parents, to assist with his development. Moreover, the caring staff and teachers of CCBC provided a warm environment, constant encouragement and a level of professionalism that eased our fears. It gave us great comfort to know that we weren’t alone but that we had a willing community for a rough part of our parental journey. Since those early days, my son has developed exponentially, and at the risk of sounding cliché, now we can’t get our son to stop talking! Thank you, CCBC, for going above and beyond to come along side a pair of concerned parents.—Mike Park
CCBC invoices parents four times per year for deposit and tuition, payments can be made via check and the school now accepts credit cards with a 3% fee.
Tuition* for the 2021-2022 school year is as follows:
- 2 -day Flowers** $5,510.
- 3 -day Flowers** $7,760.
- 2-day classes $5,200.
- 3 day classes $7,450.
- 5 day classes $11,040.
*The above schedule assumes parent workday participation, otherwise an additional $500 is added to tuition.
**The Flowers class is for our youngest children and has a low staff to child ratio of 1:3.
The CCBC Children’s Center Board of Directors is committed to assisting families who demonstrate the need for financial assistance in order to meet the tuition obligation of the school. The Board’s goal is to be as generous as possible and to assist as many families as possible.
To ensure objectivity, CCBC Children’s Center subscribes to the School and Student Service (SSS). This service requires a small fee and the completion of a Parent/Guardian’s Financial Statement. For more information or to begin your Financial Aid application, visit their website: www.sssbynais.force.com/familyportal. CCBC Children’s Center’s school SSS code is 2045.
Financial aid applications are due by mid-February. Notification of financial aid is sent with acceptance letters. Please share this with others who might be considering CCBC and who may be interested in receiving financial aid.
If you have any questions, please contact the school Director.
CCBC Children’s Center admits students of any race, color, religious affiliation or national and ethnic origin to all the programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. In the administration of the schools educational policies, admission policies, financial aid programs and other programs, the school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national and ethnic origin, or economic status.